They always say you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I think I am at this stage of the tunnel where I have set down the middle, pitch black part, waiting for the light to come to me. Have you ever done that? It is really not a fun feeling. I mean I know I have to get back up and keep going because eventually I will make it. If only that could happen a little faster, ya know?
Anyways I needed a little pick me up. I mean doesn’t it sound like that’s what I needed? Right! So I decided to order some cinnamon sticks from Pizza Hut for a couple of different reasons:
1. Who doesn’t love cinnamon sticks?
2. I’m studying for my nutrition test and I was tired of feeling healthy.
3. I was hungry, but didn’t really have time to stop and go get something.
4. Too tired to walk to my car/somewhere on campus.
5. Haven’t talked to my Mom in ages, but I am sure if I had talked to her
6. I really wanted Chick Fil A, but I gave that up for lent. Hurry up Easter!!!
Really I think I am just sitting here writing about this as an attempt to procrastinate. So sorry if this is boring, but if it makes you feel any better this was the only fun thing I did all day so of course I have to be thankful for cinnamon sticks.
The lesson here is that even though I am tired, stressed, etc. I AM HERE
AND I HAD CINNAMON STICKS.
Gotta take the time to be thankful no matter what! If this doesn’t prove that it is possible, I am not sure what does.
Order some cinnamon sticks, get yourself together, and push on. No one likes the bump in the tunnel.
Okay I am getting up and moving forward. By moving forward I mean going back to studying. Hope you enjoyed this extended thankful metaphor!
Southern and Thankful