I bring up riding a bike because this afternoon I rode bikes with some of my friends!! I forgot how much I enjoy it. Not to mention the good company AND it was great exercise. Allie, Gianna, Landon, and I started on campus and rode all the way downtown AND back. Not sure how many miles that was for those of you unfamiliar with Fort Worth, but it is a pretty good distance. Here are some things to know about our biking adventure:
1. Avoid going up hills at all cost.
2. If you happen to get yourself in this situation, walk the bike up the hill, unless you are athletic like Landon.
3. If you are desperate and don’t think you can make it up the hill, call uber.
4. We were very close to number
5. Renting the Fort Worth bikes automatically labels you as unprofessional in the bike world.
6. Going off road is only comfortable never.
7. When you pass the food truck park and see the sweet treats truck and you really want to stop, but you must remind yourself you are getting exercise.
8. Allie and I are going to Italy 3 weeks
9. To get the perfect photo next to the best mural with the coolest creepy dog/panther you must reposition yourself until the 3rd time… thats the charm.
10. No matter what making memories with friends is always a good idea!
I have never felt so one with the nature of Fort Worth in my almost 2 years of living here. It was such a fun thing to do!!
TBH I think I forgot how to ride a bike there in the beginning. I felt such pressure to learn as a kid, but fast forward and it didn’t matter how hard I tried to learn or how many scrapped knees I got…becausetoday I almost fell a couple of different times. I really should bike more! My point in saying all this is to say that no matter what we do in life a part of us will always be learning or re-learning in this case. And there is nothing wrong with that as long as you take the time to have fun while you are doing so!
Thanks for a fun adventure, friends! Next time lets stop at Chuy’s?!
Southern and Thankful