I can’t really tell you exactly when I met Caroline Stebbins, but I do remember overflowing with happiness when I learned about her because she is from Little Rock, AR!!! Now, I do know people from other parts of Arkansas, but rarely do I feel like I meet someone from the same area as me. Little Rock is only like 50 minutes from where I live. When I first came to TCU it was a big deal when I meet someone that knows where I am from, and it still is. I remember telling myself I had to be friends with Carol!! Good thing that all worked out. If she would have been lame that would have been very disappointing!!! It has been SO fun being Carol’s friend for many reasons.
1. She understands all things Arkansas that no other person understands. For example, she knows and loves Purple Cow like I do.
2. She is very smart and is one day going to be a rocking nurse. You can tell her your symptoms when you aren’t feeling well and she will do her best to help you.
3. She will volunteer to shave your facial hair after no shave November.
4. She will ride back to TCU with you so you don’t have to make that drive alone.
5. She is always down to go to Chuy’s. Always.
6. She will go to Target with you when her knee is messed up and she will happily ride the electric scooter.
7. She knows her Celine Dion!!!
8. She keeps up with her TV shows so she is always a good person to go to when you need to talk through the drama.
9. She enjoys Scandal. I am convinced she could be Olivia Pope in real life.
10. It takes a special person to have Olivia Pope sass… Carol has it.
11. She takes the time to be there for her friends when she knows they need her.
12. She will wake up early to tailgate with you!!
13. She always has the best stories!!
14. She doesn’t let you forget that she is QUEEN. This is a good thing!
15. She will drive you from place to place. This has happened multiple times.
16. She will show you how to properly arrange a t-shirt drawer.
17. She won’t let you down!! For example, many nights she takes the time to read over my posts before I post them.
18. She encourages you to cook cookies in the ADPI house.
19. She calms you down in hard situations.
20. It is her 20th birthday and she deserves all the good things the world has to offer!!
Y’all Carol is the perfect example of a dedicated friend. She has been there for me when I felt like I really had no one else. I really thank God for the timing of our friendship. I can’t help but think the timing was perfect. I have never had a sweeter, caring, encouraging, funny friend than you, Carol. I don’t know what I would do without you and our Chuy’s rewards cards. I am so thankful that we crossed paths. I hate we had to wait till we were both in Texas, but like I said… God’s timing is perfect! Carol, I hopetodaywas the best day!!! Thanks for letting me celebrate you! Here’s to our friendship and lots of fun times back in the rock this summer. You are a friend that I am especially thankful for today, but also every day! Happy Happy 20th B-Day Queen Carol!!!
Oh how I love celebrating a friend on his or her birthday. It is probably one of my favorite hobbies. Don’t forget to always take the time to make others feel special on their day of birth! Birthday’s just scream thankful!!!!
“The LORD has done it this very day; let us rejoicetoday and be glad.”
Southern and Thankful
Leave a Reply