The trip was overall a 10. We, as a family, always sit down at the last meal of the trip and tell of favorite things, stories, and rate the trip on a scale of 1 to 10 with ten being the best. I think not counting the travel mess, everyone gave it a ten. My family went to Maui about 4 years ago and it was great. Going back to the same place and staying at the same place was amazing because the Grand Wailea Resort is one of the best places to stay on the island. They treat you so well and really make you feel at home in one the best places on earth. My Janjan was worried that it would be the same trip as last time, but it was far from it. The lodging and location were the same, but the adventure was to a whole new level. I did so many fun things in this breathtaking place that I will never forget.
1. I had homemade sushi right in front of me
2. I travled via moped all week
3. I snorkeled in water that was the prettiest shade of blue I have ever seen
4. I swam with turtles, sharks, fish, and a manta ray
5. I cheered for the TCU baseball team from a ship in the pacific ocean
6. I had a starbucks drink: size mini (the worker couldn’t understand my accent)
7. I woke up early, but it felt great cause it was late at home
8. I played volleyball with a soap opera star and his family
9. I drove through a storm on my moped
10. I jumped off a cliff at 7200 feet to be carried into the air, which gave me a mind altering view of this earth
11. I paddle boarded… It looks way easier than it actually is
I am sure this list could go on and on because this trip was truly a trip full of adventure. This has all made me so thankful to be able to do things like this. Thank you to my Janjan and Bia for using their money to give me the best gift in the world… a ten. Everything is always so fun, so cool, and so true. Life is best seen when you travel and see it with your own eyes. Thanks so much for that. I am thankful for a trip I will never forget with the people I will never forget.
Until next time Hawaii… Aloha!
Southern and Thankful